- Phaseolus vulgaris Open polllinated. 60 days.
- 7' Smaller framed pole bean, Malibu Pole Bean produces an early, steady supply of 6"-7" round, straight, medium green pods.
- Beans cook to a darker green, consistent good table quality, superior flavor.
- Beans stay round during hot weather, never stringy or fibrous.
- Introduced 2011 with many favorable comments.
Planting Directions: Direct sow in spring after frost danger has passed and soil temperature is a minimum of 60˚, 70˚ is optimum. Plant 1”to 2” deep, 4-6” apart. Cultivate soil incorporating compost or a low nitrogen general purpose fertilizer. Keep soil moist until seed germinates, after that water moderately and regularly until harvest. Provide trellis for pole beans; bush beans do not need a trellis. After each picking water deep to prolong production. We recommend using a legume inoculant when planting.